Mission, Values & Principles
To be a leader in the housing industry by providing exceptional housing opportunities while achieving high levels of customer satisfaction, promoting self-sufficiency and neighborhood stability, and being a long-term asset to the community. We will achieve this by developing public/private partnerships, creating entrepreneurial opportunities and by employees and residents holding themselves to our Gold Standards of Excellence.
Our Guiding Principles
- We support our employees and their families so we can support the communities we serve.
- We are committed to treating everyone with respect.
- We will not compromise our shared ethical standards and dedication to quality.
Gold Performance Standard
Refers to the principles and values against which the agency performs.
It’s how every employee is measured, from the top down, as well as our partners, vendors, contractors and consultants.
As an agency:
- We will conduct our work with integrity, professionalism, accuracy and exceptional quality;
- We will take the initiative to seek creative problem-solving and continuous improvement;
- We will hold ourselves and each other accountable;
- We will provide timely and accurate communication both internally and externally; and
- Above all, we will treat one another with the respect and dignity that each of us deserves.
- Our goal to measure success is to have each and every employee reach a gold standard on his or her annual performance evaluation.
Commitment to Building Community Relationships
We have hopes to enter into a “Good Neighbor Agreement” (GNA) between Northampton Housing
Authority and valued community stakeholders. These stakeholders include community groups, all of whom agree that any housing owned and managed within the community should have a positive impact on that community.
The GNA is a framework within which the Housing Authority can work with local neighborhood groups and community councils to ensure the program maintains property standards consistent with neighborhood standards including the responsibility to be good neighbors in their communities. It promotes fair housing and the opportunity for families of all ethnic backgrounds to have more
We look forward to creating partnerships with communities and begin this outreach to build even stronger neighborhoods.