The Public is advised Northampton Housing Authority has made the following draft document proposals available for public review and inspection:
- Proposed Fiscal Year 2024 Annual PHA Plan
- Attachment #1 – Summary of HUD Financial Resources
- Attachment #2 – Proposed FY2023 Payment Standards and Flat Rents
- Attachment #3 – Proposed Public Housing Admissions & Continued Occupancy Policy (ACOP) Listing of Changes
- Attachment #4 – Proposed Public Housing Admissions & Continued Occupancy Policy (ACOP) Revised Pages
- Attachment #5 – Proposed Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Administrative Plan Listing of Changes
- Attachment #6 – Proposed Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Administrative Plan Revised Pages
- Attachment #7 – Progress Report for Annual Plan
- Attachment #8 – FY2022-2026 Capital Fund 5 Year Action Plan
The changes to the plans consist of minor amendments proposed as a result of regulatory changes made or authorized by HUD. As the NHA makes changes to the draft plans as a result of recommendations from groups such as the Resident Advisory Board, and other written comment, those changes will be added as supplementary to the copy of the plans available for review.
NHA will hold a Public Hearing to discuss the draft plans and proposed policy revisions on Monday, March 20, 2023 at 5:30PM.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82535643018?pwd=NGhNZHJQbVUxYldKVktEMFdDMTJ1QT09
Or Join via Zoom.us by entering Meeting ID: 825 3564 3018 and Passcode: 0320
Written comments are welcomed and must be received by March 16, 2023 by 12:00PM for consideration. Written comments can be submitted by:
First Class Mail: ATTN: Jack Redman
Or In person: NHA’s Main Office, 49 Old South, Northampton, MA 01060.
Fax: ATTN: Jack Redman Fax Number: (413) 582-1350
Notice of Public Hearing
The Northampton Housing Authority invites all tenants and the general public to a review of the Authority’s Proposed Annual Plan for Fiscal Year 2024
The Annual Plan is intended to provide insight into the Authority’s operations and plans for the coming fiscal year as they affect the Authority’s state-aided public housing. The Proposed Annual Plan is comprised of the following elements:
1. Proposed Capital Improvement Plan (5-year)
2. Proposed Maintenance and Repair Plan
3. Current Operating Budget
4. Responses to the Performance Management Review (PMR) findings
5. List of housing authority policies
6. List of waivers from governing regulations of the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD)
7. Other elements
Hearing time and date: 05:30 PM on 04/24/2023
Hearing location: Join Zoom Meeting www.zoom.us
Meeting ID: 894 0302 3384
Residents and the general public are invited to review the Annual Plan before the hearing and may submit public comments as noted below. The Authority shall consider the concerns of any Local Tenants’ Organization (LTO) or Resident Advisory Board (RAB) regarding needs and priorities and incorporate some or all of such needs and priorities in the draft plan if deemed by the Authority to be consistent with sound management.
Substantive comments will be summarized and included in the Annual Plan when it is submitted to the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD).
o Copies of the Annual Plan are available at the Authority’s office or may be reviewed online at: https://tinyurl.com/LHA-MA-AnnualPlan
o Comments may be submitted orally at the hearing, by emailing the housing authority office, or by submitting written comments at the housing authority office. Comments must be received no later than the close of the public hearing.
o For reasonable accommodation requests contact the housing authority office by 04/10/2023 at 04:00 PM.
o Contact information for Northampton Housing Authority:
Office: 49 Old South Street, Northampton, MA 01060
Phone: (413) 584-4030